background

Oct 12, 2012

Unexpected Ultrasound

As a last minute suggestion at Tuesdays baby appointment, my doctor referred me to get a third ultrasound to check on the growth of Mister Sylas. In the midst of grabbing my stuff to leave and her rushing out to meet with her other patients I wasn't able to ask if she was referring me because she was concerned about his growth or if it was just something she suggests to everyone at my stage in the game, so I went with the latter reason... I didn't want to freak myself out if you know what I mean.  

I was able to get in for the ultrasound Friday and here's what I found out: 
With 6 and 1/2 weeks left to go, baby boy already weighs 5lbs 11ozs and is measuring at 17 and 1/2 inches long. I also found out that these measurements put him in the 87th percentile for size if you compare him to other baby's at 33 and 1/2 weeks. The nurse let me know that at this point he should be gaining half a pound a week which means, if you do the math, I'm liable to end up having an almost nine pound baby - WHAT?! 

For the sake of having a smooth and relatively easy labor and delivery, please pray for me this isn't the case.  

I go back to the doctor on the 23rd and can't wait to hear what she has to say. From what I could gather at the ultrasound, his heart, lungs and everything else look great despite the fact he's already growing like crazy, which is just want I wanted to hear! He also made sure to let us know, several times, that he is most definitely a boy. And he's not one bit shy about it ;0). 

Best of all though, I got to see his sweet little face in 4D for the first time. And, because we live in the great world of technology, I get to share his sweet face with all of you! 

Everyone, meet Sylas Dean!
Poor guy is definitely out growing his living quarters but he is still absolutely beautiful, all squished up in there like that. I can't wait to hold him and see his beautiful little self on the outside, where there's plenty of room for him to grow. 

More updates soon!