background

Mar 18, 2012

Pistachio Almond Cake - YUM!

In the spirit of the recent holiday, St. Patrick's Day I thought I would post about a yummy green cake that I recently made. It's super easy and delicious, you've got to try it! I found the recipe here but for blogging purposes here's how I made it:

Ingredients:
1 box white cake mix - it doesn't have to be anything fancy. I bought store brand white cake mix and it turned out great!
- 1 package instant pistachio pudding mix - again, store brand :0)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 7 drops green food coloring

**The measurements for eggs, water and oil may vary depending on what your box of cake mix says. So, if your cake mix says different than what I have above, i'd go with those directions instead. Be sure to do everything else according to the measurements above though :0) **

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan. The tube pan just makes it look fancier. And fancier is always better, right?
2. In a large bowl mix together cake mix and pudding mix. Make a well in the center and pour in egg whites, water, oil, almond extract and green food coloring. Blend ingredients together, then beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
3. Pour into prepared 10 inch tube pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 - 55 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly pressed. **Again, I'd go with the baking time listed on your cake mix box, but that's just me**. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
4. ENJOY!!

It's so good i'm making it again today for a family dinner. It's a must try for sure!