background

Jan 29, 2012

A Bit of Reading

One of my favorite things to do is sit down with a good book and read. While i'm home with my little one there is not much spare time to do such a thing but, thanks to my long hours at work i've been able to find a couple of minutes here and there to read a few good books ;0). And these two were worth fitting in the time to read.

War Horse & The Hunger Games
Both have been made into movies and I can definitely see why.  With War Horse, your inner love for horses is brought to life. Through the trials and tribulations of the main characters your heart strings are pulled so strongly you will find yourself holding back the tears more than once. I know I had to. But, in the end you're happy everyone you care for has made it through. It's a short but easy read that young and old alike will love. Thanks Mom for the recommendation!!

The Hunger Games is another one of those you definitely won't regret reading. The author does an amazing job of making you feel like you're battling for your life right along side Katniss, the main character. It's unlike anything i've ever imagined in my life but the concept is all the more riveting as you go along. I really CANNOT wait to read the next two in the series. And especially can't wait to see the movie. I wouldn't let myself watch the trailer until I finished the book, so as not to give anything away, but now that I have I cannot wait to see it. 

Oh, and in between reads, Jay and I began drinking a new drink that I don't want all of you to miss out on. I recently read about all the amazing reasons drinking lemon water is good for you. So, at the recommendation from someone on Pinterest, Jay and I are now cutting out all sodas to drink this instead.. 
Sparkling water and lemon.
It's Delish!
Just squeeze half a lemon into a small glass, fill with sparkling water and tadahh!!! 
My craving for carbonated soda is quenched by merely saturating my taste buds with lots and lots of tart tart lemon. It really is the most refreshing and healthy thing I've ever drank. 
It's now a regular at our Turri house, and Vincent likes it too ;0) 
Just don't forget to drink it with a straw. Lemon juice is extremely acidic and bad for your teeth. 
  Enjoy!