background

Oct 8, 2011

Please Excuse the Mess

Jay and I are putting our house on the market next year. So, now that the weather is turning cold and we are going to be spending way more time in doors, there is no better time than now to start the process of vamping up the inside in preparation to sell.

First on the endless list of things to do.. Patching cracks.

Next is painting. For now, we are focusing on the kitchen. So, we are saying bye bye to the two different shades of baige that existed when we bought our house and to the gold-ish wall that I painted when we moved in..

In their places I am painting the color "Aged Parchment", or in more descriptive words, off white. I figure most people who buy themselves a new house will want to paint the colors they want, so why waste my time doing something I like when they are probably going to change it anyway. Besides, as I make my way around the room "cutting" all the edges I am finding that I am loving how crisp and clean everything looks. It's a nice change to what was there before..

I cant wait to see it all finished but as you can tell (or maybe you can't) I haven't gotten very far. lucky for me though, I have a three day weekend so I have plenty of time to get it all done. What a great way to spend a holiday right?? ;0)

No comments: