background

Aug 26, 2011

Savin' Money & The Environment

Check out my new ride! ;0)

As gas prices fluctuate and sky rocket into ridiculous-ness, I have decided to stick it to the oil man and join those people who ride the city bus. In order to get to work I have to drive approximately 20 miles, one way. For Albuquerque, that is considered far! I hate doing it. Fortunately for me I live right next to The Northwest Transit center which is a very nice, clean, safe bus stop where I can catch a commuter bus to work.

It picks me up only about five minutes earlier than I would normally leave and drops me off just in time to walk through the base gate and be to work on time! Perfect!

Second awesome reason to take the bus is, it's free! For me at least... because my work gives it's employees free unlimited bus passes - score! I never thought that was a good incentive, but I do now!

I really don't think it could work out more perfectly. It saves money, it saves my car, it helps the environment by keeping one more car off the road for the day and it gets me a little exercise. Why did it take me so long to start doing this?? I don't have an answer to that but I do know that as for now ABQ Ride will be my newest form of transportation to and from work.

See ya at the bus stop!! :0)

No comments: