background

Aug 29, 2011

And She's Off

To China!!
My best friend, from when I was only three years old, has set off on the adventure of a life time. Some think she's crazy but personally, I could not be more proud of her for doing this. And all by herself too!!

For those of you who don't know, Miss Chanelle is my bestest bestest friend. I met her in preschool and although those were the only years we spent at school together, we always stayed super close. Now that we are all grown up and have lives of our own, we don't always get to spend as much time together as we would like. Regardless of that, I would do anything for her. And, I know she would do the same for me.
As I think back at all of the important things that have happened in my life, I always see her. Because she has always been a part of them.

We may not have been born from the same family but we were meant to be sisters anyway. I am thankful for the relationship we have and believe that I am a better person for even knowing her.

Chanelle, I know it's probably scary to be setting out on this four month adventure. Where you won't know a soul. Where you won't be able to speak the language. And where you will be thousands of miles away from those who love you. But enjoy every second of it! You are going to have the greatest time ever, I just know it!! I love you to the moon China and back!

To Michelle (Chanelle's mama), I know you already don't know what to do with your self but she will be just fine! She misses you too but she's discovering life in the big world :0) I hope you're proud of the beautiful human being you created.

P.S. I expect you to tell me all of these same things when I'm crying as my son leaves me too - it's inevitable I know... ;0)

See you on skype Chanellie!! Xoxo from New Mexico

No comments: